We need an energized, inspired leader, who is willing to push boundaries and is passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
At Intellitix we’re building a world-class technology company, shaping the future of the fintech, IDaaS, and live event industries by introducing novel technologies to the world. Intellitix’s technology platforms have enhanced over 25 million platform user experiences in payment processing and at live events around the world. Our custom-tailored, market-tested solutions are based on decades of experience in the fintech and live event industries.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Engineering who wants the opportunity to shine as a dedicated and loyal leader, using well-established technical talent and strong team orientation to lead a team in overseeing and delivering our new mobile first- identity based platform.
Be part of a winning global team, where you will thrive in a culture that values collaboration and openness. We offer a fast-paced environment, and the opportunity to contribute significantly and put your fingerprint on the development and direction of our platform. As part of an international company you will experience the intimacy of a well-built virtual team while having the opportunity to collaborate with individuals from across Canada, the US and Europe.
- Work with partner teams – Leadership, Sales, QA, Product Management and UX - to design and deliver our company's initiatives including mobile applications, API’s, SDK's, micro services, event producer platform, monitoring and management systems, analytics services, back-end administration systems and tools, and websites;
- Own the technology platform and end-to-end architecture with a proven ability to simplify and scale a multi-stack cloud-based platform; you will own software, infrastructure, and security architectures and their success;
- Responsible for data design and data architecture, including:
- articulating core differences of structured, semi-structured, unstructured polymorphic data;
- contributing to near-real-time monitoring and reporting system design;
- Create highly orchestrated and automated systems and services utilizing existing cloud tooling and standardized processes;
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement;
- Build and maintain a high-performance team, hiring top engineering talent and creating a highly innovative culture;
- Build secure, high-volume, transactional API end-to-end frameworks;
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization;
- Oversee all code development and design reviews.
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant area mandatory, MS preferred
- 10+ years of progressive technology leadership experience on SaaS engineering teams with growth stage startup or cutting-edge teams at a larger tech company, along with several years hands-on software development experience
- Successful track record leading a team of 10+ developers and development operations
- Demonstrated background building and supporting large scale, high volume, global web services
- 5+ years building, deploying, and supporting AWS or other public cloud infrastructure
- Experience building and deploying systems and technology for B2B2C, including a SaaS, IDaaS or PaaS infrastructure
- Strong team orientation, with proven ability to manage communications on technical problems with the team and leadership in crisis situations
- Strong background in data design & data architecture, with the ability to support design decisions at various levels within the companyProven track record analyzing architecture recommendations in light of performance, time to develop, scalability, security and maintainability
- Excellent knowledge of DevOps Cloud, middleware and administration
- Ability to operate within heterogeneous server and front-end environment.
- Security mindset including embedded security, proper defense in depth protocol and use of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDP) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS), enforcement of security best practices of infrastructure, middleware and on-device apps and clients
- Proven track record in a broad range of technologies including:
- Amazon AWS including R53, S3, EC2, RDS, Pipelining
- Usage of SQL, NoSQL, Stream & Data Processing, Message Brokering technologies
- MariaDB/My SQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MongoDB
- Kafka, Graphite, Logstash
- IaaS automation
- RESTful Design and implementation
- Identity based solutions;
- Fintech solutions;
- Event Industry;
- NFC based systems.