Looking for a great opportunity?
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, architects, and analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
This role will be responsible for a key part of our new platform that is SAAS (microservices driven) used for major events worldwide. We’re open to consider different profiles of the candidates complementary to the existing group, but there are some core competencies required:
We use Node.js, Express, Sequelize and MySQL for the back end with Vue.js for the front end. We strongly believe in team-work and do whatever we can to make work fun.
- Acquire, clean-up and structure date received from multiple sources while also maintaining databases and systems;
- Build, validate, implement, score, and maintain statistical models and customer segmentations with customer database;
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns found trends and patterns located in data sets;
- Produce accurate statistical analysis and ensure high quality of the data analysis produced;
- Take analytical objectives and define data requirements. Extract, clean, and transform customer and item-level data for purposes of analysis, modeling/segmentation and reporting;
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies, based on the data project requirements, that will optimize statistical efficiency and data quality;
- Interpret, document and present/communicate analytical results, providing conclusions and recommendations based off of customer-centric data.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product teams, etc. to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor of Science, Masters of Science or Masters of Business Administration or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field;
- Be familiar with and able to utilize different data science tools and techniques (SQL, Laravel, etc.) and programming (R, Python, etc.) frameworks;
- Experience of directly related work or intern experience in quantitative analysis with proven results in leveraging customer/transaction to address business objectives through a structured analysis - leading to insights and recommendations. Proven academic background in STEM disciplines;
- Be knowledgeable and able to utilize different data science tools and techniques (SQL, Laravel, etc.) and programming (R, Python, etc.) frameworks;
- Ability to translate business objectives into analytical plan/framework, conducting the analysis and interpreting data to derive insights and interpret results to develop and communicate recommendations to internal teams;
- Ability to translate statistical and analytical results into clear written and verbal communication to internal/external stakeholders;
- Excellent ability to be part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting and exceeding deadlines in a diverse environment;
- Self Motivated;
- Strong Organizational skills.
Why Choose Intellitix?
Be part of a winning global team, where you will thrive in a culture that values collaboration and openness. We offer a fast-paced environment, and the opportunity to contribute significantly and put your fingerprint on the development and direction of our platform. As part of an international company you will experience the intimacy of a well-built virtual team while having the opportunity to collaborate with individuals from across Canada, the US and Europe.